In an effort to promote driver safety and awareness among young people, Civil Service Employees Insurance Company (CSE) will award four high school students in each of the following regions: Northern California, Southern California, and Arizona/Nevada/Utah.
In each region, CSE will award one (1) $1,500 scholarship for first place, one (1) $1,000 scholarship for second place, (1) $500 scholarship for third place, and (1) $250 for fourth place. The scholarship awards are to be applied toward the students' school-related expenses for the 2014-2015 academic year.
Students must compose an essay, 500 words or less, about automobile safety related topics they feel are important to their peers. The essay should discuss effective ways to improve teenage driver safety.
Applicants must submit ALL of the following items in a single packet:
- Two (2) copies of your essay, 500 words or less, about automobile safety related topics you feel are important to your peers. The essay should discuss effective ways to improve teenage driver safety. The essay must be your original work, written by you. It must be typed, double-spaced, in English, and include the name and city of your high school. Applicants will be evaluated on the originality, creativity and written proficiency displayed in their essays.
- The signed and completed application form.
- A letter of recommendation stating that you are a senior in good standing for graduation with the class of 2014. The letter must be written on school stationery and be signed by a faculty member or school administrator.
- A letter of acceptance from the post-secondary institution you will be attending full-time by the fall of 2014. The letter must be written on the institution's stationery and be signed by a representative of that institution. For deferred enrollment for Latter-day Saints (LDS) Mission service, a copy of your mission call is required.
- Your official school transcript in a sealed envelope.
Send all materials to:
Youth Scholarship Contest
CSE Insurance Group
P.O. Box 8041
Walnut Creek, California, 94596-8041
All materials must be received by Friday, May 16, 2014. Postmarked materials received after May 16, 2014 will not be accepted. Regular mail is preferred, please avoid certified or other special mailings. No fax or electronic submissions will be accepted. All directions on the application must be followed exactly, and all requirements for submission must be met. CSE is not responsible for lost or misdirected application materials.
Scholarship winners will be notified by May 23, 2014. No other applicants will be notified.
PLEASE PRINT AND COMPLETE THE APPLICATION FORM
ALL MATERIALS MUST BE RECEIVED BY CSE NO LATER THAN MAY 16, 2014.
Adobe® Acrobat® Reader® is required to view the Application Form - click here to download it free.